If you are considering or have committed to moving overseas, whether it is Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai or elsewhere, don’t forget to speak to Atlas Wealth Management before you go. We can provide financial advice to ensure that your investments and superannuation are correctly setup so that you can continue to be in control of your portfolio whilst you are overseas. This will provide you with the peace of mind knowing that your financial affairs will continue to be handled in a professional manner.
Atlas Wealth Management also has financial advisers who are regularly overseas so that you still retain the ability to have one-on-one meetings to discuss your financial circumstances. We have a number of contacts in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Dubai that will assist you in making the move as easy as possible and can provide referrals to banks, accountants and associations that understand your needs as an expatriate.
Some of the issues that you need to consider and address before making the move overseas are:
- Residency and non-residency tax classifications
- Superannuation status (trustees and non compliance of the non-resident tax criteria with a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
- Personal risk insurance policies
- Current geared investment portfolios including Australian shares and investment properties
- Capital gains tax rules before and after you become a non-resident
Click here to contact Atlas Wealth Management to make an appointment to ensure that your move overseas is not only beneficial personally but financially.