On the 29th of August 2012, the Federal Government announced the introduction of the Significant Investor Visa. In order to qualify for the visa applicants must:
- Submit an expression of interest in SkillSelect
- Be nominated by a State or Territory government
- Make investments of at least five million Australian dollars (A$5 Million) into complying investments
As part of the condition, applicants must satisfy a residence requirement of 160 days spent in Australia over four years.
Investments that comply for the Significant Investor visa include:
- Commonwealth, State or Territory government bonds
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in Australia; and
- Direct investment into Australian proprietary companies
Applicants may invest in each of the above investment options and may also change between complying investments provided that they meet specified reinvestment requirements.
Atlas Wealth Management is pleased to announce that we are able to assist applicants in the allocation and investment in the above mentioned complying investments and welcome you to contact us to find out more information.