SIGN UP TO DOWNLOAD THE AUSTRALIAN EXPAT INVESTMENT GUIDE
A relocation offshore can be an exciting time for an Australian expat but with a tax landscape that is becoming more complicated every day how do you navigate this and make the most of your time overseas?
When you move overseas as well as finding a new adventure and improving your career prospects, you want to have something to show for your time away. It’s all well and good to have amazing stories and a great resume but to also have an improved bank balance adds to the advantage of becoming an Australian expat.
The Australian expat investment guide is designed to educate you about the pro’s and con’s of managing your investments whilst overseas, what you need to consider and what you need to look out for.
In the Australian Expat Investment Guide we cover off on the following topics and many more
- What Are The Benefits of Investing in Australia as a Australian expat? – Is there a benefit to Australia expats investing back in Australia as opposed to investing overseas?
- What Are The Taxation Issues For An Australian Expat? – What taxation issues does an Australian expat need to consider when investing back in Australia?
- Should An Australian Expat Consider Offshore Investment Alternatives? – When you move overseas you will have a number of alternative investments offered to you. Do these suit Australian expats?
- Property vs Shares – The age old debate of property versus shares continues when you move overseas but how do the different tax rules affect your choice?
- Having worked with Brett on a number of projects, I can directly attest to the commitment he has sourcing the right outcome for his clients. Moreover, Brett has the highest ethical standing amongst his professional peers and I am very happy to recommend Brett as an unparalleled partner one's financial affairs.
- I really appreciate the carefully tailored advice that Brett provides me. The constant market updates are a great source of general information and help me to determine the kind of investment I feel I need to be making. Taken in tandem with the one-on-one advice Brett provides, it makes for a very deep insight into my super and ultimately my retirement needs.
- Brett provides good advice based on the unique needs of the client. As I am working as an expat it is important to get the right person working for you, Brett is the right man.
- Brett is a truly independent financial planner, with deep knowledge and experience in dealing with the special needs of expatriates, drawing from his personal experience living and working in Asia. He is proactive, regularly providing updates on portfolio performance and ideas for portfolio improvement and re-balancing as market conditions and investment performance change. I commend his work and the broader Atlas Wealth team.
- Brett has been our financial advisor during our time overseas in Shanghai and I have been impressed with his diligent and methodical approach to our investments, and the ability to access and manage a wide range of investment instruments to suit our particular circumstances. He has a thorough understanding of the issues relevant to expats’ situations, eg tax, foreign exchange risk and the arcane details of superannuation and life insurance, but also with a view to planning for our eventual return home.
- Brett's a real professional. He understands his clients and how best to build a portfolio for them. Best of all, his advice makes sense and gets results.
- Brett is intelligent, switched-on and great to deal with. His knowldege of financial products and asset classes is exceptional as is his integrity and professionalism. I'd highly recommend Brett and Atlas Wealth Management to anyone looking for a trustworthy, knowledgeable and highly capable advisor.
- I met Brett while attending a 'Social Adviser' workshop. The guy is an expert on the subject of expatriates and their financial/investment needs. I have called on him myself when I had a client moving overseas and he was more than happy to assist me......pointing myself and my client in the right direction. Recommended!
- “I highly recommend Brett, I know him for over 5 years and engaged him for my financial planning for the last 2 - 3 years. I benefited a lot from his knowledge and professional skills, he is passionate about his work and very well organized. Brett is always responsive and happy to assist.”
- I was referred to Brett through a friend who had worked with him in the capacity I was looking for. I found Brett to be immediately helpful and insightful and had all the answers to my questions in a way I could understand enabling me to make informed decisions very quickly. Brett has done a great job of guiding me through several financial decisions I'd been seeking assistance for for some time. I'd have no problems recommending his services to anyone that may be looking to use them.